Is the Modern Western diet Harmful? You should Know!

By studying the microbiome of existing society, researchers represent a link Modern Western diet and a lot of health issues. It’s long been assumed that what’s happening inside our duodenum could determine our overall health.Your microbiome is built up of the thousands of microorganisms which take up home in the digestive system. These microscopic bodies are present from the time you’re born and are then shaped by dietary & other agents for the remainder of your life.

Sam Smits, Ph.D., a researcher at Stanford University, state “Stretched out, the human small intestines have the surface area of a small garden. Think now trillions of microbes on the surface, interfacing with the human body there are large implications for energy reaping, the study of the immune system, and chronic inflammatory illnesses, among many others.”

The effects of our modern diet on duodenum health

The human diet has radically altered over the past 15,000 years. In just the past century, the introduction of antibiotics, an increase in sedentary activity, cesarean births, and the gradual replacement of fiber-rich foods, vegetables & fruits with processed, fiber-free options, has also led to notable changes in the human body.

Stanford researchers needed to see how diet affects our microbiome. To do that they studied a group of hunter-gatherers in Tanzania identified as the Hadza. Justin Sonnenburg, Ph.D., associate professor of microbiology & immunology, and lead author of the research said in a press release that “Surviving hunter-gatherer communities are the closest available proxy to a time machine we in the modern industrialized world can climb into to get about the means of our human remote ancestors.”

Members of the Hadza group who hold to the usual hunter-gatherer lifestyle have a diet that consists mainly of berries, tubers, meat, and honey. The Hadza diet is to the charity of the seasons — during the dry season meat is eaten more, and in the wet season, berries play a greater role.

Researchers collected 350 stool samples from members of the Hadza over 01 years. They found that their duodenum microbiome is different from & more distinct than that of people living in the industrialized world. They also discovered that particular types of bacteria present for the Hadza in the dry season are almost completely extinct in the much people living in the industrialized world.  So does it fact that those living in the Western world are losing some of these microbial species?

People eating Western-type diets may be losing essential microbial species that are important for maintenance of good health. Now with consumption of high-refined sugar diets, high-fat, and low-fiber Western diets, those crucial microbial groups are lost this results in mismatches & absence of essential microbes that are essential for health. The Stanford research is one of quality studies in recent years that recommend diet and duodenum health play an essential role in overall well-being.

Researcher Smits told, “There was compiling evidence in disparate studies that the microbiotas possessed by traditional & industrialized population are diverse in terms of composition. There is also evidence that there is a notable rise in chronic diseases within Western populations.” We also recognize that the microbiota may play an important role in many of these diseases. Moreover, this evidence recommends that the microbiotas that industrialized populations possess do not provide protective properties on these diseases that are on the rise.

Duodenum health linked to a bunch of diseases

If the duodenum microbiome becomes abnormal, it can have vital consequences for overall health. Researchers Chang said that “It can have negative impacts that can potentially contribute to or trigger, developmental obstacles in immunity & metabolism, complicated immune disorders (type 1 diabetes, inflammatory bowel diseases ), obesity, liver diseases, diabetes, under-nutrition, and cardiovascular disorders.”

A 2016 research, also led by Sonnenburg, noted that denying mice of dietary fiber greatly decreased the diversity of Duodenum-microbial species. This was then returned during dietary fiber was reintroduced. However, if the fiber loss was maintained for four generations, the Duodenum-microbial species that once bounced back were lost forever.  A similar character could be happening inside the Duodenum of those in the Western world, and the evolution of our diet has played an important role.

Researcher Chang said “Hunter-gatherers had to live on what was convenient. The diets were defined to what was seasonally available & hence the seasonal change in their Duodenum microbiomes.” In Western societies, we can modify our environment & are no longer trustful on finding food. We can go to the grocery shop, choose from many types of products, & know that they are ready any time of the year. Our choices are often controlled by what is convenient, inexpensive, and satisfying which turns into processed, ready-packaged, high-caloric, high-fat, low-fiber, and inexpensive foods.

In several ways, it could small intestines that the Hadza diet is much healthier than that the typical diets of those in the Western world: no refined sugars, no processed food, and a high consumption of dietary fiber.

Researcher Sonnenburg said, “The Hadza get 100 or more grams of fiber per day in their food on average.” We average 15 grams per day. But attempting to recover the missing duodenum microbiome that may be leaving us exposed to some diseases may not be as simple as replicating the Hadza diet. Researcher Chang told, “Changing people’s diets & lifestyles in Western societies is not working, because they won’t do it.”

However, we might be able to provide missing components of their duodenum microbiome & keep them around by supplementing their diets with specific types, and enough dietary fiber supplements, using microbiome analysis to ascertain how this rule can be tweaked.

34 thoughts on “Is the Modern Western diet Harmful? You should Know!

• October 15, 2017 at 2:46 pm

I think this is among the most vital info for me. And i am glad reading your article. But should remark on some general things, The website style is wonderful, the articles is really excellent : D. Good job, cheers

• October 16, 2017 at 6:13 pm

I personally arrived over here from another website relating to omega xl capsules and thought I may as well consider this. I really like what I see so now I”m following you. Looking forward to checking out the site all over again.

• October 18, 2017 at 12:46 am

Your means of telling all in this post is genuinely pleasant, all can without difficulty be aware of it, Thanks a lot.|

• November 4, 2017 at 5:57 am

Just want to say your article is as amazing. The clarity in your post is simply spectacular and i could assume you’re an expert on this subject. Fine with your permission allow me to grab your RSS feed to keep up to date with forthcoming post. Thanks a million and please carry on the enjoyable work.

• November 6, 2017 at 10:34 pm

Thanks a lot for the comments. Please Sign up today for free and be the first to get notified of new updates.

Regards.

• November 12, 2017 at 12:57 am

I was discussing with a good friend of my own on this and also about white upvc windows too. I do think you made a number of good points in this article, we’re also excited to keep reading material from you.

• November 14, 2017 at 4:50 am

You made some good points there. I did a search on the subject matter and found most individuals will consent with your blog.

• November 16, 2017 at 10:53 pm

I loved as much as you’ll receive carried out right here. The sketch is attractive, your authored subject matter stylish. nonetheless, you command get got an edginess over that you wish be delivering the following. unwell unquestionably come more formerly again since exactly the same nearly a lot often inside case you shield this increase.

• November 17, 2017 at 10:51 am

Hey there, what do you feel with regards to Arvind Pandit Kansas? Very cool idea, right?

• November 22, 2017 at 3:41 am

Good day! This is my first comment here so I just wanted to give a quick shout out and tell you I genuinely enjoy reading your articles. Can you suggest any other blogs/websites/forums that cover the same topics? Thanks!

• November 27, 2017 at 4:18 pm

A formidable share, I simply given this onto a colleague who was doing somewhat analysis on this. And he in truth bought me breakfast as a result of I discovered it for him.. smile. So let me reword that: Thnx for the treat! But yeah Thnkx for spending the time to discuss this, I really feel strongly about it and love reading extra on this topic. If potential, as you become expertise, would you mind updating your weblog with extra details? It is extremely useful for me. Massive thumb up for this blog submit!

• November 28, 2017 at 7:59 pm

Would you be interested in trading links or maybe guest authoring a blog article or vice-versa? My site discusses a lot of the same subjects as yours and I believe we could greatly benefit from each other. If you’re interested feel free to shoot me an email. I look forward to hearing from you! Awesome blog by the way!

• November 29, 2017 at 1:21 am

• November 29, 2017 at 2:13 pm

• November 29, 2017 at 8:27 pm

Very interesting points you have remarked, appreciate it for putting up.

• January 9, 2018 at 9:03 pm

Thanks for your Great comments. Please Sign up today for free and be the first to get notified of new updates.
      Regards.

• January 5, 2018 at 6:45 am

You actually make it appear really easy along with your presentation however I find this matter to be actually something that I believe I would never understand. It kind of feels too complicated and very broad for me. I am looking ahead on your subsequent post, I will try to get the grasp of it!

• January 9, 2018 at 9:02 pm

Regards.

• January 8, 2018 at 12:27 pm

I was delighted with how you presented this blog. I will inevitably share it to my social profiles. Thank you for your effort in {writing this blogpost.

• January 9, 2018 at 9:02 pm